Hmmm. Where does one begin? Most likely will be revised.
BASIC LIFE STORY
- Born at Norwegian Hospital in Chicago on December 24, 1988.
- I am of Filipino descent, even though I sometimes don’t look it. (My parents still joke around that I was sent with the wrong family)
- I am the oldest of two, my brother being two years younger than me.
- Being Filipino, I am Roman Catholic and grew up with a Roman Catholic education AKA pRiVaTe ScHoOl!
- St. Benedicts was a nightmare, so I decided to get into a public high school. (*~cPs 4 lyfe~*)
- High School was what I expected… being the “anti-social deviant” that I was.
- Wanted to go out of state for school, but couldn’t afford it. I was about to go into Community College until I got my late acceptance letter to the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC).
- Currently attending my last year at UIC. Just going with the flow really…
True Life: I’m Queer
- Realized I was gay at 11. LSS: Saw a boy coming out from a pool I was in when on vacation in Florida. Love at First Sight.
- Water Park => fell in love with a boy => wrote poem about boy => brother finds poem => reads and memorizes poem => blackmailed until I came out at 15. (I’m not really close to my brother because of this)
- Grade school, I was always worried about people finding out about my sexuality, until another kid came out in 6th grade. I was saved from bullying by joining the bullying of him.
- High School, decided to come out freshman year. Most people figured it out. Oh well!
- Came out to parents at 15. Big crying moment for my parents and I. Mom and Dad say “it’s a phase”. Kills me on the inside.
- Social interaction with men (gay or straight) very limited. Girls became the best friends.
- Few and small sexual encounters with boys my age at the time. Kiss here and there. Made out with a friend’s boyfriend. NBD.
- Learned that the world isn’t full of sunshine and lollipops when I here a “friend” call me a flaming homo behind my back. Went into a sad state.
- Suicidal for a little bit and XANGA was the outlet. Got called into Counselor’s Office due to post. Oh well.
- Contemplated suicide for a while. Rationalized to not do it due to costs. (I’m a business major now. Haha)
- Came across “unfriendly” people on the back of a bus. Got called a f*ggot for about 30 straight minutes while talking to a friend. Went into a depressive state.
- Throughout high school, I was in different crowds. After the day of meeting “unfriendly” people, I asked a person in class if I could ride the bus with them. She said yes and saved my life pretty much. We are still friends and I thank the heavens she is in my life.
- Senior year goes off without a hitch. No bullies and no harassment. SCORE!
- Craigslist became a way to meet guys. I have stories, but won’t get into too much detail. Don’t do it as much, but I still pull up the site when I go to parties. Haha
- Sexual encounters change, lost my v-card at 19. Kinda wish I had it back though.
- Speed up to now, lots of interest in guys! None reflect back. Oh well.
- Today: Single. A little horny. But surrounded by friends. And sometimes, that’s better than sex to me. Haha